Maths is quite popular as one of the most intimidating subjects. But it is hard to neglect the fact that it is also one of the highest-scoring exam papers. Class 7 Maths syllabus may seem terrifying to some students but if you study the right way, you can easily score maximum marks in class 7 maths. Let us help you out with some significant tips that you must apply if you want to be one of the top scorers in your class.
1. Time Management: Time management is one of the most crucial skills that you must inculcate if you want to score high marks in Class 7 Maths. Maths depends a lot on your timing – if you are slow in solving sums, there is a high probability that you will not be able to finish your paper on time. If you want to improve your time managing skills, you must regularly practice problems. Solving exercise questions daily will keep you connected with the concepts that you have learned. You will have a stronghold over the fundamentals of each chapter which will aid you in solving sums faster than usual.
2. Practice and Practice: Maths is pointless without practice. Just reading and going through the examples and exercise solutions will never help you in solving class 7 maths problems. You need to regularly sit down with a chapter and solve everything – from exercise questions to examples. Re-read the formulas and keep writing them down. Prioritize the NCERT textbook questions and examples, then move to the NCERT solutions for Class 7 Maths. If you follow these practicing tips, you will be able to answer everything in your class 7 maths exam paper.
3. Prioritize NCERT: We have already reiterated this point that the Class 7 NCERT Maths book is the main book prescribed by the CBSE which should be solved on priority. Your maths exam paper will be based on the chapters and examples that you find in your NCERT textbook – so do not underestimate the syllabus and solve all the exercise problems rigorously. Move to any other reference book only after you have completed your NCERT textbook. Using the NCERT maths textbook will make your base stronger.
4. Finishing Homework: One extremely effective way for time management and recapitulation of what you have been studying in class is homework. If you are regular with your homework, you will not have to spend a lot of time practicing maths separately. With homework, you will be able to revise all that you have been taught in class. Homework also makes you disciplined and punctual which are the hallmarks of a perfect student. Being punctual with all your home assignments will assist you in your progress and you will never lag behind others. You will always be updated with what is being taught in the class.
5. Get the Best Guide: We know how important the NCERT textbook is but a student must not be only limited to NCERT. Using NCERT Solutions for class 7 Maths is the finest guide that you can find for yourself in the market. The NCERT Solutions for Class 7 maths comprises the solutions to all NCERT Maths exercises, so whenever you are unable to solve something, you can always refer to this guide. Another special feature about NCERT Solutions is that there are additional questions as well to help you go beyond the bookish examples and exercise questions. You will expand your knowledge and test your basics by attempting these additional questions.
6. Don’t Hesitate to Discuss: It is quite typical of a student to have doubts in Maths. If you are unable to answer a question or you think that there is a particular concept which is not clear, then you should not hesitate to discuss this with your teacher. To get your basics right, it is immensely important to have all your confusion cleared. You do not have to be shy. You can even refer to the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths for simplified explanations of various concepts.
7. Formulas and Diagrams: In chapters like data handling, congruency of triangles, comparing quantities, practical geometry, perimeter and area, and visualizing solid shapes, you need to focus a lot on formulas and diagrams. You should not take these formulas and diagrams easily. Try making a table and write down all the important formulas in one place and do not forget to mention what are these formulas for and where to apply them. Likewise, practice making clear diagrams and do not forget to label them properly.
8. Work on Your Weak Points: Everyone has weak areas in every subject. You should not run away from your weak areas but work on them to transform them into strengths. But how do you go about it? It is very simple. Whenever you are solving a new chapter, highlight all those topics, examples, and questions that seem difficult. Discuss these weak areas with your teacher. Use NCERT Solutions for Class 7 maths as a reference. When you now sit to revise, prioritize practicing your doubt areas. Once you are assured that you have come over your weakness, you can move onto other sections.
9. Revise: Revision is undoubtedly the most crucial step to score full marks in class 7 maths. If you revise properly, you will have no trouble in solving any sum in your class 7 maths exam paper. Revision helps in running through topics that you have completed so far and assuring that all the formulas and methods stay with you. To revise most efficiently, you should first sit with the examples, then move to the NCERT exercise sums, and finally to additional problems.
10. Your Well-being: You will be unable to work on the above tips if you do not keep well. Keeping healthy is tremendously important to be able to study. You should eat properly and sleep on time. Make sure to take at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. A healthy and fresh mind will make solving maths a fun activity and studies will not seem like a burden anymore.
We have tried to bring to you ten easy but powerful tips which help you score maximum marks in class 7 maths. Start working on these tips today and make yourself proud!